Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5 Weeks- so it has started..

So excited.. that's what I am.  Next week I'm going to our new obgyn to do some blood work and paperwork.  Then I won't have a prenatal until around 10 weeks.   I know my baby is tiny now, but I'm soooo excited for that first ultrasound!  Or heart monitor!!  :)  


Funny story- so my first prenatal with Braedan, the doctor couldn't find him in the ultrasound, I was in tears!  Turned out I have an inverted uterus.   During the second prenatal they found his heartbeat, and I was like.. WOW I'm going to be a MOM!!  It was awesome.  


So let's see.. 5 weeks along.   My baby is the size of a sesame seed, which frankly, makes me afraid to sneeze.   I am very, very tired.  I've been sleeping much more than usual.  Andy bought me some gummy prenatal vitamins, which are awesome, and will be even more awesome when my full fledged morning sickness comes in (I'm guessing in a couple weeks).   I've been craving protein, like eggs, yogurt, and cheese.


Your baby now resembles a teeny tadpole (complete with a tiny tail) and is about the size of an orange seed. The circulatory (or blood) system, along with the heart, is the first part of that tiny body to be functional; and as your baby's heart starts to form. Another part of your little tadpole that is under construction: the neural tube, which will eventually become your baby's brain and spinal cord.


-from "What to Expect"

No comments:

Post a Comment