Tuesday, June 14, 2011

7 Weeks!

So morning sickness hit me like a freight train this week.  The food aversion started as well, but it's not nearly as bad as last time.  Washing dishes, looking into the fridge, changing poopy diapers, FORGET IT!!  One funny incident, we were driving home from my parents house, and I was SO sick, and so my husband pulled over to Maverick, some random driver got mad at us I guess for crossing lanes too fast.  My husband remained so calm, and said "God bless him, God bless him" while I was literally hanging my head out the window trying to keep it all in, hehe.

Let's see.. don't have any real cravings this week (even though hubby is getting me my favorite chinese tonight!), but the aversion has definitely started.  It's more like the food you DO NOT want to eat.  For example, bland food, spicy food, too much butter, etc.  It just kinda depends.

I've started up a new mantra for morning sickness:

This is my body, I should listen to it
I surrender myself to the discomforts
in order to best provide for my child within.

Yeah, instead of complaining, I'm just taking it in strides.  Morning sickness isn't forever, once the placenta is finished growing, it will get better again.  In the meantime, when I'm sick, it means I'm either a) hungry, or b) ate too much.   When I'm tired, it means my body needs to re energize from all that baby making.  So it means my baby is growing.   Trust me, it becomes easier to deal with once you think about it like that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment