Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Bedrest Day #1

Well today was the first day of my bedrest.  I guess technically it was yesterday.   I tried going into work yesterday, but had too many surges driving into work, and then lost the rest of my mucus plug.  I high-tailed it out of there, after having a good heart to heart with my friend Cristelle in the employee bathroom.  

At my 34 week check up, she measured great, which was a bit of a concern as the last two times she was measuring small, and I was afraid of her being diagnosed with IUGR.  IUGR babies are usually induced around 35-37 weeks typically, and I don't want to be induced (at least medically).

Well anyways.. let me back up some..   on Saturday we went to a funeral in Altamont, UT, which is near duchane, or about a couple hours from Vernal, UT.  It's a small little town that holds a lot history and memories for my husband's side of the family.   That morning, I noticed some dark spotting, didn't think much of it.  That day I started having surges, crampiness, and more spotting, but nothing to run to the hospital about.

The whole weekend I just kept in bed as best I could, hoping it'll go away.  It didn't, in fact, I was having surges while I slept!  That was new.

So fast forward to my 34 week check-up.  I explained I lost my mucus plug, and the surges, and the fact I walk around like a cowboy who's been riding for at least 12 hours.   Well.. she checks me, and I'm two centimeters dilated and 70% effaced.  Wow.. I'm 34 weeks!!  I really wasn't expecting this.

I was put on bedrest, hoping to make it to 37 weeks.   She could still come at 40 or 41 (or 42!!), and I'm doing everything I can to make sure she stays put until she's full term.  I do know that I told her she gets to choose her own birthday, and I'm starting to think she wants her birthday sooner than later.  That is the choice I gave her!

Today is Tuesday, and my mom came over with my son to help put my daughter's room together.  We got all of her clothes unpacked, and her car seat decorated (I'll have to upload pictures!).  We have to do some baby proofing in the room so my son (who's sharing the room, he's still debating if he likes that idea or not) doesn't get into the drawers when we start him on the toddler bed here soon.  We'll see how that goes.

A lot of surges today, but I've been a little more active then what I should be.   I'm planning on spending the rest of the evening laying in bed, or taking one of my dreamy warm baths (pretending of course, it's my large jacuzzi tub).  

Tomorrow I can officially deliver at American Fork Hospital if I have to.  That makes me happy, I don't want to birth at any hospital other than American fork.   She better hang on tight though, mommy is not ready to let her come out anytime soon.  But at least there is that peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment